Sunday 28 February 2016

One Monthly Goal Finished

Back at the beginning of February I made the grand promise that I would finish my giant scrappy swoon top for this month's "One Monthly Goal".  Not much has happened all month, so I took advantage of a sew-in day today, to power through the borders on this quilt.  It took a lot longer than I expected, but I got it done!

This quilt started as a quilt-along back in March of 2015. So it only took a year to make it to this stage :) Maybe the next step will be a bit quicker.





The gold is really bright in that photo - it's not quilt so vivid in real life.  I added a few borders to the basic swoon block - the quilt finishes at about 91x104", which should fit my queen size bed nicely.

And as a bonus, I get to count some significant fabric usage for my stash report today. 9 1/4 yards for this quilt, and 3/4 yard binding for Paris quilt.  10 yards out this week, nothing in.

2016 totals:
65.25 yards in
78.25 yards out
Total: 13 yards out
Head over to Patchworks Times today for more stash reports.

6 comments:

  1. I love that quilt. Wish I could make a similar one. You are indeed talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt! And I have many UFOs older than a year, so don't feel too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble with gold and yellow in quilts. Yours is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble with gold and yellow in quilts. Yours is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a wonderful finish. Aren't sew days the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a large finish! Congratulations!
    Most of my quilts take more than a year;)

    ReplyDelete