Thursday 31 March 2016

Q1 recap

Can you believe we are 1/4 of the way through this year already?  Well, that means it's time for the Q1 Finish Along wrap up.  My plans and successes are listed below.  For the linkup, each completed project has its own post, so I've linked each of them from here so you can find mine all in one place. But drop by the linky - there are lots of great projects to see over there. 

I had some pretty big plans for Q1, and amazingly all but 3 of the projects were completed.  I even did a few that weren't on the list, when I wanted something quick and easy to quilt.  The incentive created by this list was amazing. I know for a fact that Mexican Star and Flowers in my Window would NOT be done, if it weren't for the fact that they were on this list. I tried a couple of times to pull something else from the quilting pile, but the nagging need to have a good report forced me onward :)

Poor old Building Blocks - my oldest UFO, and still on the list.  One quilt almost escaped without a record. I snapped a photo of my quiltbug.com New Year's Day mystery, just before it got packed up and sent to Victoria's Quilts. Here it is all krinkly and soft from the wash.  The purple square in the lower right is a dragonfly patch, to show this is from the Dragonfly Quilters Victoria's Quilts group.

Two of my planned quilts weren't completed.  Building Blocks - I really want to custom quilt it, and inspiration has not struck quite yet.  And Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day mystery. I'm taking that one to retreats, so it's moving slowly. I am still holding out hope for Allietare. It is quilted and the binding is prepped, so I'm hoping to get that sewn on and completed before the Q1 linky closes.

For a refresher, these were my plans, with links to the finished projects where applicable.

Binding projects:
  1. Chain Reaction - Done
  2. snowball/9-patch - Done
  3. scrappy quilt - 2013 - Done
  4. Disappearing hour glass  - Done
  5. Houses  - Done
Quilting Projects:
  1. building blocks
  2. flowers in my window - Done
  3. mexican star - Done
2016 Mysteries:
  1. Bonnie Hunter Allietare
  2. Yahoo group boxes - Done
  3. stacked coins  - Done
  4. Merry Mayhem stars
  5. about.com links - Done
  6. Quiltbug.com jelly roll - Done

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot done so far this year. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Krista - you had an ambitious list and it's amazing that you've finished almost everything!! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete