Monday 1 March 2010

Design Wall Monday - Mar 1

My design wall is busy today.  Unexpectedly, I started a new project on the weekend.  I was inspired to make some "card trick" blocks (a non-triangle version - I posted about those here).  Having done that, of course I had to figure out how I was going to set them, so the card tricks and setting blocks are on the upper right of my design wall.

For some reason, I made 8 card tricks.  That was a silly number, because what size quilt can you make from 8 blocks?  Too long and skinny if it's 2x4.  So, I need to make 1 more block to round out this baby quilt.  Then I'll make the setting triangles.

Top left is my block lotto for February.  I'll be packing that up today and sending it off to the lucky winner.  And on the lower left is a bit more progress on my celtic hearts quilt.  Just the final border to add and the top is done.

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have on their design walls today.

8 comments:

  1. lol

    Isn't it funny sometimes that we make silly mistakes like making eight blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card trick blocks from squares, very cool to find a way that works for you and achieves the same results. It will make a fine baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card trick idea...I might accidentally start another project too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. busy wall means you have got your creative batteries going and that is a good thing!!!! I like all your projects - love the way you set up the card trick blks! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gee thanks! just what I needed was a cool idea for another top!! just kidding!! thanks for sharing the neat idea on the card trick blocks. that one will definitely go on my list...my youngest son is a magician and loves anything to do with playing cards. he is also next on the bed size quilt list!! perfect Christmas gift...if I get started now, I might even have it done for this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great with the chain block. So nice to see those card tricks made up mo easily than with the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about if you put those 8 blocks on point? Then you could arranged them in 3 rows, 3-2-3 and I think you'd end up with a square.

    ... or you cuold just make another block. You seemed to turn those out pretty quickly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on the card trick blocks. Hockey and Quilting - there's a new combination!

    ReplyDelete