Monday 11 January 2016

Design Wall Monday - Jan 11

My design wall today is still my design floor with borders for Allietare.  I think this combination is the final decision. 

The borders haven't been attached because I decided I needed to get some of the binding UFOs out of the way. Particularly since one of them is due on Thursday.

Of course , the one which is actually finished isn't the one which is due :)  I did get the binding attached to that one, but I'll be hand sewing it down to the back this week.  This quilt got a machine binding so that I can avoid having a growing stack of bindings to attach by hand.

The good news is, one quilt off my UFO list and the first quilt towards my Finish Along Q1 goals is complete.

2016 FAL

Drop by Judy's blog for more design wall inspiration today.

5 comments:

  1. I love the graphic look of the second quilt. Congratulations on getting a quilt finished.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool finish tho. What an interesting block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are just gorgeous! Congrats on the finish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on such a fantastic finish! Love how you get the curved effect with your piecing. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finish! I have one of these in the works, might be on my Q2 list!

    ReplyDelete