Saturday 31 December 2016

150 Canadian Women Quilt

I signed up for a quilt project which is going to highlight 150 women from Canadian history.  Each block had the story of one woman from our history,  and 3 blocks come out each week.  I'm not doing very well at keeping up,  but I seem to be able to do 6 blocks every couple of weeks which should keep me on track in the long term.

And long term it is - there are 50 weeks of clues and we are on week 7 right now. There's still lots of time to sign up at http://www.nextstepquiltdesigns.com.  If you do,  you can get the first few weeks (and any others you might miss) on dvd at the end of the project,  for half price.

I am thinking about ways to maintain the link between the women's stories and the blocks,  for the final quilt.  Some of the participants have mentioned making a big label with all the names which sounds like a neat idea. For now I'm saving all the stories in a folder.

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look great, Krista!...and you are not really behind - only the current week is missing! I am also doing this project, and share your quandry about keeping the names with the blocks.
    Maureen in AB

    ReplyDelete