Continuing my desire to use up some scraps and leftovers from previous projects, I pulled out some triangles that I had used in a project back in April 2015. So that's not bad - I guess these scraps are only 2 years old. I cut a few (many) additional triangles from my stash (the grey and dark orange).
Unfortunately, I had a brain freeze. If you look closely, the top 2 rows are short 1 triangle each. So after I put them together and measured - to make sure the quilt was sized correctly for dontation - I thought I'd miscalculated and my quilt was too small. So I cut another 12 triangles and exteneded each row.
Then I assembled row 3, and realized that I was right initially, and it was the first row that was wrong. So, I took away all those extra triangles, added one to each of the top 2 rows, and all should be good now.
Except - I have 12 leftover triangles. So now I have another quilt to make from the scraps, but 12 isn't enough, so I need to cut some - you see where I'm going with this I'm sure. I will be more careful this time, and make a much smaller quilt (baby quilt), so I don't end up with even more leftovers.
I'm linking up with Judy's design wall Monday today. Drop by to see what everyone else is up to.