Thursday 24 December 2020

Stars

This quilt was a project I started back in about 2014.  It was a series of paper pieces blocks, both stars and houses. I decided early on that I didn't like the finished project, combining both types of blocks together, so I separated them out and decided to make two charity quilts from them.  Borders on this one were based on a border I had seen – I loved the asymmetrical look with the geese in only two corners.  As you can see, I chickened out on fully asymmetrical, and made the top left and bottom right match.

 

In retrospect, I don't really like those cornerstones that ended up on the outside of the stars.  They either needed to be left out completely, or to be defined with another border before the geese, I think.

 

1 comment:

  1. Until you mentioned the cornerstones I hadn't taken notice of them...I do agree with you but since I love the asymmetric flying geese borders, I am positive this will be well loved by whomever receives it.

    ReplyDelete