Sunday 4 February 2024

Singing in the Rain

 Back in the Summer of 2015, I went on a trip to Michigan during the Row by Row which happened every summer.  I stopped at every quilt shop I could find - and even took a different route home so I could hit more shops.  I picked up a lot of the row patterns from the various shops, and had a lovely stack when I got back. And then they sat there :)

Eventually I realized that I would never make all of them, so I picked my favourite 8, and put the rest of the kits into my stash.  I made the 8 rows and created this quilt sometime around 2019.  And it sat again :)  The size was wrong for a donation quilt, and I couldn't see a use for this one.

But I finally pulled it out and quilted it in 2023 during my UFO blitz that year.  And now, I found the binding fabric and the poor little project is officially complete (albeit without a label).



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on this cute finish. I'm glad you finished it because it would be a shame to let all that work sitting in a closet. It would make a cute wall hanging. Just thinking out loud. ;^)

    ReplyDelete