Monday 6 February 2012

Design Wall Monday - Feb 6

 I made 2 quarter blocks for Dancing with the Stars yesterday.  They looked wonderful, and I was happy to be off to a good start on the block the month quilt.  It's really too bad that this is not what the blocks were actually supposed to look like :(

A couple of seams undone, and voila - the correct placement of red and blue.  This is 1/2 a block, and I need 3 blocks this month for the "block the of the month". So I have a bit more work to do on this.  Looking at the instructions, it's not so much a block of the month, as a block of the week (2-3 blocks every month).
So, this is what's on my design wall today.  A little bit of Dancing with the Stars on the right, plus my current progress on the Blogger's block of the month.  January is done (second row left). And I redid December's block, to have more background fabric. It really changes the look, but I wasn't happy with what I had before.

Check out Judy's blog for more design walls.

4 comments:

  1. Your dancing with the stars blocks look great! Love the black background for the bloggers block of the month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Dancing with the Stars" blocks look terrific -- as do your Blogger's BOM blocks; this will be a fun piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dancing with the stars blocks are neat and I agree with you that your first block is a great design. Sometimes blocks done wrong can start a whole new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first if we don't succeed...let's do over! Dancing with the Stars is off to a rocky start, but that's the way that program works right? Just like the dancers...you'll get better and better.

    ReplyDelete