Saturday 21 April 2012

Sew-In Update

I had great plans for my Friday night sew-in. I got off to a later start than I hoped, but I managed to finish my April colour challenge top.


After that, I started sewing purple strings for the border of Orca Bay.  I sewed, and I sewed, and I sewed some more.  Then this morning, I finished sewing, and laid out the borders.

Apparently I sewed a bit too much, because this pile of string rectangles are left over.  I'll have to find a use for them.  Maybe on the back of the quilt - they might help me stretch a backing piece to fit the quilt later.
First I did a narrow black border to frame the quilt, then added the purple.  And Orca Bay is complete!  I'm still hoping to complete the other 2 items on my list - pillow cases for ConKerr Cancer and my Monday Mystery.  More of a sew-in weekend for me.  A great way to spend a rainy day, in any event.

No comments:

Post a Comment