Recycling this post for Dec 3 link up on Bonnie's blog.
I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery this week. I got a bit behind, missing part 1 completely, but I'm almost all caught up now. Last year I did Orca Bay, and I diligently made every part she called for (hundreds of little quarter square triangles and scrappy triangles). Then, at the end I bailed on it and made the quilt much smaller than her design.
So this year, I'm going to be smart about it. I'm taking her advice and making half of the units she calls for. Then, I can add a few more at the end if I need to, but I should have a reasonably sized quilt that doesn't overwhelm me.
I'm also doing this one non-scrappy. I hope it works, because I know Bonnie is all about scrappy. But I just don't have enough variety in any of the 3 colours in my scrap bin. So rather than trying to make it look scrappy (rather than just wrong) with only a few different fabrics, I've decided to go with a single fabric in each colour (and cross my fingers).
Diligent work over the past few days has me almost all caught up. 80 4-patches in black/white and grey. And 48 purple flying geese, with just trimming left to do.
Stash usage this week, from my Bonnie Hunter pile of fabric - 1.5 yards.
Total for the year: 201 3/4 yards out.
Now it's time to have a look at the 3 block of the month quilt parts I picked up yesterday, and see if any of them can be completed before Christmas. Drop by Judy's blog to see what everyone else has been up to.