Monday 20 May 2013

Design Wall Monday - May 20

Maybe, just maybe, my quilting mojo is back.  I spent yesterday working on my swoon quilt. The blocks were made as part of a block party - I provided the fabric to the 11 other members and they each made a block for me.  I made the extra 5 to bring the quilt up to a queen size.

Yesterday I had 2 blocks to finish - and after I put them together I noticed that I had mixed up the pieces and the colours were in the wrong place.  So, I disassembled half of each block, swapped sections, and put them back together again.  Then I spent the rest of the day attaching sashings to the blocks.  And only twice did I put the strips in the wrong place.  Perhaps it was not my best day after all :)

However, the center of the quilt top is now complete.  On to borders!

I'm linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday today.

8 comments:

  1. I love the colours you've used in this! This quilts sings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices on the swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disassembled is a new word for the "Froggin" stuff. The finished center looks great! Have fun choosing the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size are your blocks? They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! I need to make myself one of these quilts...someday! Ended up here from www.patchworktimes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your blocks. The colors are so rich. BTW where is the pattern for the Swoon block? I have seen it on a number of blogs and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the Swoon looks. But I too got confused sometimes with the pieces--I think we need to color the b/w picture with two different VERY CONTRASTING colors. Its not a hard block, but I ripped all of them but one.

    ReplyDelete