First, I've been playing with a few layouts for this month's Block Party block - it has a deadline, so I thought it best to get that finished before starting something new. The instructions were to use between 3-7 circles of various sizes appliqued on the background. The last one is probably going to be the end result. This block party has been a lot of fun - we've done a great variety of different blocks, most ones that I would never have done for myself.
Then I started on my next project. Lots of strip sets stacked beside my sewing machine, and a ton more to come. This is the shop sample for a class I'm going to teach this fall. I'm trying to follow the directions to the letter, to make sure I know what questions or issues students might have.
This is one of the quilts I finished this weekend. It was originally not going to have a border, but the quilt top was about 10" too small for the bed. So I sat down last week and figured out what I could do with the little bit of fabric I had left, and came up with this border for it.
Next challenge will be binding, because now I really am out of all the fabric.
And I finally loaded up one of my quilts on the long arm. With 2 new finishes this weekend, it's time to get a few quilts through the long arm process. I'm running out of places to put the tops.
Drop by Judy's blog for more design walls today.