Wednesday 13 July 2016

Q3 Finish Along Plans

Ah, more plans.  Q2 didn't go so well, but I'm hopefully for Q3. I'm trying to reserve a few slots for myself to get some quilts out of the closet and onto the longarm.  So, what do I want to do this quarter?  Keep in mind this list is going to be overly optimistic, so that when I pull some long-forgotten quilt out of the closet it still counts :)

First, my in-progress projects - these are ones that have not yet reached the quilting/binding stages, so they are the biggest stretch for finishing this quarter. I'd really like to at least get these to the "ready to quilt" stage this quarter. Of course, that doesn't count as a finish but at least it would be progress.

  1. Winding Ways - this is for a colour challenge, and is due at guild in May, so there is incentive to get it done.
  2. Blackford's Beauty   - my block of the month.  I should get my blocks back in April, so finishing the top & quilting it this quarter should be do-able
  3. Merry Mayhem New Year's Day mystery
  4. Star - 1/2 of the "Downtown" paper pieced quilt I've been working on 

From my "to be quilted" list, I want to finish at least 2 per month which would be 6 this quarter.  I'm putting a bunch on the list though - some are quick & easy, others want more time/detailed quilting. Which ones I do will depend on my attitude of the day when my quilting day rolls around :)  And if the world smiles on me, they might all get done.

  1. turquoise &; brown rectangles
  2. turquoise & brown diamonds 
  3. turquoise & brown baby quilt 
  4. Building Blocks
  5. Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter 2012 mystery
  6. Brights baby quilt
  7. Tell it to the Stars - Judy Laquidara 2014 mystery
  8. One Block Wonder 
  9. Giant Scrappy Swoon 
  10. disappearing hour glass #3
  11. Baby Reflections
  12. Houses - 1/2 of the "Downtown" paper pieced quilt
  13. Reflections of the North 
  14. 3 "Plus" quilts
Photos below are in the order listed.

   
And my binding projects:
  1. 2 disappearing hour glass quilties
  2. Kaffe stripes quilty
  3. Turquoise and brown baby quilt

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have lots of great quilts in process. I especially like the Tell It to the Stars quilt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your list and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete