Monday 27 March 2017

Design Wall Monday


This is what's on my design wall today.  I was digging through my scrap bins, and found the bin of leftover bits & pieces. It contains all the partial blocks, pieced strips, and other miscellaneous bits from various quilts that I've made over the years. This particular set of fabric (if you ignore the coloured piano key sitting there) is from a star quilt I made about 3 years ago. I had enough left in each of the strips to make 5 more star points. So then the question was, what to do with 5 (rather than 8) start points.

I played around a bit; seriously considered tossing one point and using just 4 (a much easier number to make an arrangement with). Then it occurred to me to 'build' the star. I put together 4 points, 3 blank sections, and one section that is supposed to look like it is floating into place.  We'll see how it looks once I have all the pieces cut out.

I am using the leftovers from another (unfinished) quilt for the background. I sure hope I didn't need any more of that.  Linking up with Judy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment