Tuesday 29 August 2017

One-block Wonder

I finally finished another UFO!  This quilt is at least 2 years old, but I'd have to do some digging to find out exactly when I started it. I remember when I bought the fabric - my very first Kaffe Fassett, and I had no idea what/who I was buying at the time, I just liked the look of it and thought it would make a great one-block Wonder. I used a green I had hanging around in my stash to extend the size a bit, and play with an alternate layout. 

When I was ready to quilt it, I realized it was still too small to donate to Victoria's Quilts, so I found some coordinating fabric and added the chevron border on one end.  I wasn't sure about it at first (but I was desperate), but it's starting to grow on me.

That pink smudge in the lower left is the dragonfly label, which is the mark of my Victoria's Quilts group.

No comments:

Post a Comment