Friday 7 September 2018

A new challenge

I'm about to take a plunge that I've been thinking about for some time.  I LOVE mystery quilts, as you may know if you've followed my blog in the past.  And I like designing, although time is always at a premium so I don't do as much of that as I'd like.  Well, I was just handed an opportunity to combine those 2 loves, and design a mystery quilt for one of my guilds!  Little did I know when volunteering to be co-program director, that we were also responsible for the annual mystery, but so it is.  And I am thrilled!

I came up with 2 designs, tweaked the one that I think will be more interesting to work on, and am about to start drafting the pattern. The only catch is, the first meeting is in 1.5 weeks!  Good thing mysteries can be drafted a piece at a time :)  I'll have the fabric requirements for the first meeting, and hopefully all the steps ready for testing by the end of the month.

Ready or not, here we go!

1 comment: