Saturday, 1 September 2018

Guild Mystery

This quilt was a mystery from one of my guilds in 2017/2018.  There was originally a second background colour, but because it was a mystery and the location of fabrics was not specified at first, I made a *really* poor choice for that fabric.  See this post for the blocks that I ended up rejecting from this quilt. Never fear - they didn't go to waste. The rejected blocks became lovely bright quilties for the local hospital.

I remade the corner blocks with the same background as the rest of the quilt, and I'm much happier with the new result. Entirely made from stash, including the backing, I'll donate this to the guild's charity program this month.

The backing was made from some fabric I had in my stash. It wasn't quite big enough, so I pieced all the leftover bits of my fabrics together and included them.

No comments:

Post a comment