Saturday 27 July 2019

Oriental quilt

This fabric has been sitting in my stash for at least 5 years. I fell in love with the gold flecks fabrics when they first came out, and bought a yard of each for a future project. Oriental fabrics seem to jump into my cart randomly, so I finally put them all together at a recent retreat.

The sashing is 1/2" finished, which allowed me to split the panel in a couple of places without distorting it. The piano key borders were made from all the leftover bits I had in the end.

This was my own design, put together on the fly, so there are no repeating blocks in the design, although I did manage to make it in 3 horizontal sections to simplify assembly.

Quilting is a new pattern I picked up for a customer project.  I liked the soft swirls, and picked a gold thread to blend with the gold in the fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment