It's Friday again. How did your finishing projects go this week? In my case, there wasn't a lot of progress, and no finishes for this week. But I did make progress on my tumbling blocks - almost half the blocks are sewn together now.
And I finished quilting my 3 year old challenge quilt. This poor quilt has been waiting a long time - so long that I forgot that it was not symmetrical and I hung it upside down. Can you tell I inverted the image to fix that?
I made this quilt top back when I'd only been quilting for about a year. It was a shop challenge at my local quilt shop. Instructions were free enough that you could end up with almost anything. "make 4 star blocks (any size)" "make 4-patch blocks (any size)" "create a border using half-square triangles". It was fun - but pretty challenging for one of my first quilts. I did complete it on time, but never got around to backing and quilting it.
This quilt is backed and quilted with navy blue, again to pull the different elements into a cohesive whole. I think I was in a "blue" phase back when I started quilting. This quilt, my lone star (which was planned and fabric purchased back then), and a number of other quilts from that period are all blue.
So my summary for this week is:
- the shop hop quilt (ready for quilting now)
*- A challenge quilt from my local quilt shop - 3 years ago (needs binding)
- a picture quilt from my 2005 trip to Mexico (needs quilting)
- a queen size quilt (need to quilt it)
- a set of 3 wall quilts (to be hung)
- a stained glass dragon (still piecing)
- a Hawaiian wall-quilt that's been on my frame for 4 years now (finish quilting)
- mystery quilt (ready for quilting)
* - tumbling blocks
- reversible quilt
* - kaleidoscope quilt (new one this week. oops)
How about you?