Friday 9 September 2011

Progress

Only 2 blue stars left to go!  Bribery works well.  I tell myself I can sew some of another quilt, after I make 2 blocks.  So things are moving along.  I have 5 rows complete put together.  row 6 is halfway.  And row 7 is missing the last 2 blocks.  I have to admit that I won't be sad to see the end of these blocks.

My bribery quilt is actually the UFO for this month, from Judy's UFO Challenge.  These poor little tic-tac-toe blocks were won a year and a half ago from the block lotto, so it's about time they see the light of day again.  This is step one of the assembly.  The plan is to take this large square, and divide it up just like it's another one of those tic-tac-toes.  Hopefully I gave myself enough room to play between the rows, to get a decent "wonky" cut for the strips.

I'm having a lot of fun with this one, and it's making a really nice break from the detail of the blue stars.  I should finish both quilts around the same time, at the rate they are going.  So, in the meantime I'm preparing for the next one.  Really, I should be thinking about actually quilting some of the current projects.  I think the next quilt I'm planning is going to have a lot of "prep" time, so I should be able to do some quilting while I'm contemplating the layout for this one.  Here is what it looks like so far.

11 stacks of 1.5" squares.  I think there's about 100 squares in each stack That means1100 square inches, which is a quilt about 30x35.  I'd like something lap sized, so I guess I have a lot more scraps to cut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment