Friday 2 December 2011

Another Finish

One more finish for this month. My monochromatic challenge is done for November.  This month, Judy challenged us to create something with black and white, and one other colour.  I picked red, and created a quilt that's been stewing in my mind for a few months.  Not named yet, and it still needs a hanging sleeve, but the quilt is done in time for this month's challenge.

It's loosely inspired by M. C. Escher's Metamorphosis (below). 


I enjoyed the process of creating this quilt, but I have pretty much had my fill of hexagons and Y-seams for quite some time.

10 comments:

  1. Before I scrolled down and saw the Escher piece that inspired your quilt, I thought "metamorphosis" as a name for your quilt. I am always drawn to those quilts made from hexagon/30 degree diamond variations, but your arrangement makes your quilt really special. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel good to have it done.
    I had never seen 'Metamorphosis' before..... that is interesting - thanks for sharing that!
    I like your version.... do you know where you are going to hang it yet? Good finish, now go find something mindless to do that does not cause you stress!!
    And make this a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! There is no other word. As another fan of Escher, I love that quilt you've done. Fantastic creativity. If you can't find a great place to hang it....I could help ;) (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! Good job....I too could assist with a place to hang this work of art!
    Donna in KS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job...Escher would be so proud. LOL that's a gem

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - I love the geometric designs in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt!! I am currently obsessed by hexies and I've been a long time fan of Escher, altho I've never seen that print, so this is a win on all fronts. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All I can say is WOW! What a fabulous quilt!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite lovely! From inspiration to conversion and construction - NICE!

    ReplyDelete