Thanks to Judy's quilt-a-thon, I got lotst of quilting done this weekend. My design wall has my August colour challenge quilt. The center is done; just needs to be stitched into rows, and then all the borders made. One pieced border, and 3 plain ones. If I stay focused, this might get done this week. Which would be good - I have a pile of BOM blocks to catch up on.
I'm finding one of the biggest problems is picking a thread for each quilt top. I got a bonus pack of 50 cones of thread with the machine - so logically, I should use this thread for my quilts. So far, I'm running about 0% on matching my plan. But I have managed to find something "close enough" for each quilt I've attempted so far. One day I'll have to bite the bullet and try a different brand of thread, so that I know if I have the freedom to expand. Actually, I have 5 spools of thread for my Building Blocks quilt, which I am determined to use. So I guess I'll have to test the waters before I am ready to load that one.
Check out Judy's blog for more design walls today.