Lots of finishing this month, both quilting and knitting. First, my socks are done! First pair (well, srot of - I did make a pair from some waste yarn last year). These were done toe up, on 2 circular needes. Once I got the hang of keeping the yarn untangled, it was really easy to do. And I love the fact that when I was done, I was DONE. No second sock hanging around guilting me.
I'll make a few adjustments next time, but not too bad for a first pair, I think. The key learning point for me was - cast off loosely means LOOSELY. I had to go back and redo my cast off, so that I could actually get the sock on :) I should have taken a photo before I put the socks on, so you can see the pattern. They are made from a pattern on Ravelry, and it worked out really well.
Then there are a pile of quilts. Some already shown on this blog, and some just finished last night. First, my January colour challenge. No too bad - 9 months start to finish :) I love colours in this one, and it was my first hint that I was going to have a lot of fun with the colour challenge this year. It's really forced me outside of my comfort zone.
easy as pie" to make :)
And then finally (or actually, firstly since they were finished earlier in the month) 2 baby quilts ready for donation, after serving as the guinea pigs on my long arming skills. The contrast in the colours is better in person.
Joining a few links ups today:
Judy's Friday "What's on your needles"
A stitch in time August finishing party
And, Judy's UFO challenge (if I have the dates right). None of these quilts were my UFO for the month, or even on the list. But I'm counting them anyway, as the first 2 have been sitting around waiting to be quilted and/or bound for several months.