Monday 1 October 2012

September Colour Challenge

I think this might be a first for me this year.  I not only finished the top for this month's colour challenge, I pieced the back, quilted the sandwich, and attached the border.  The September colour challenge is 100% complete, on the 30th of September!

This is the first hexagon quilt I've made that used pieced hexies.  Much easier to assemble than all those Y-seams in my last hexie quilt.


I love this colour palette.  It was a lot of fun to work with, and I can't wait to see what Vicki comes up with for October.  I wonder if it will be fall colours (I'd love to do something with those).

The pattern is from Modern Patchwork, although I modified the pieced back a little bit, to use up some extra bits of fabric I had.

Drop by Patchwork Times for a look at more colour challenge quilts.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with the color palette. And your quilt from "Modern Patch Work" is just georgous. This makes me want to make one too. I have the book, so, what am I waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt! I really like the September palette too. You quilt is so fresh looking! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Pac man but in different colors.

    ReplyDelete