Saturday 30 March 2013

Pooling sock yarn

Judy loves sock yarn that pools in random patterns when she knits.  I'm more of a regular stripe type (I think it's the engineer in me).  But I thought I would jump on board with Judy's latest challenge.  Knit a pair of socks with yarn that pools.  Best socks will win a gift certificate for The Loopy Ewe.  How could I pass it up?

So, I checked my few skeins of yarn for the one I thought would pool best, and pulled it out.  First, a calendar shot - no pulling out a pair of socks already knit, so here's proof they weren't started yet (that calendar says March 2013, if you enlarge the photo).  The yarn is Wollmeise Pure, in colour Zenzi.

And here it is before I wound it - I'm hoping that those darker segments will be ripples between the pools of light yarn.

And finally, all wound up and ready to go.  Now to figure out how to fit in a full pair socks in the next 3 months, in between all my quilting projects.  I think those are the needles I'm going to use, but I still need to swatch the yarn to check. If they are too small, I need to finish my current pair of socks before I can start these.

I'm linking up my photo over at Judy's Pooling Yarn post.



No comments:

Post a Comment