My design wall has some of my block of the month projects on it today. I determined to catch up on last month's Downtown blocks (2 houses and a star), before the class on Wednesday. However, as I was making the houses, I cut a piece wrong. And of course it was one of the largest pieces. These blocks are cut pretty close in the amount of fabric provided, so I didn't have a single scrap of the black to re-cut from, in that block set.
Fortunately, I picked up November's blocks on Saturday. So I pulled them out, hoping I could find a way to squeeze an extra piece out of it. Fortunately, the odd shape of the roof in the second house made this possible. So I cut my new pieces of roof and continued assembling the houses. And then managed to cut a different piece in a mirror image to what I needed. Sigh. I suppose a smart person might have taken a break at that point, but I pulled out the grey fabric this time and did some measuring. And yes, it seemed I could get that piece out of the fabric for November also, by frugally using the leftover snippets from October's block.
Of course now, having stolen fabric from November, I felt that I had to make those houses, just to be sure I didn't mess up my calculations. So, I pushed on and now have 4 houses and one star complete. Just one more star to go and I'm not only caught up, but a bit ahead of the game.
Drop by Judy's blog to see what's on other design walls this week.