Monday, March 30, 2015
yesterday. So, the answer is, no border. Because I need that fabric to bind it :) I'm going to cut the strips a bit wider than usual, and aim for a 1/2" binding, to match the sashing dimension. That is the way I was leaning originally anyway (no border), so the fabric situation just reinforces the decision.
In the meantime, while I pondered the options and read all your lovely comments, I finished the companion quilt. This one gets a narrow border (it's about 2" finished) and then binding in the same fabric. It finishes at 60x80, which should make it just about perfect for the twin bed that will (at least temporarily) be in the spare room.
Chain Reaction, but I don't think it's working out that way.
Or maybe I should scrap the fabric I've used for the hexagons and try something less busy there.