Tuesday, 10 July 2018


The top of my turquoise quilt is now done!  And boy is it turquoise. I love that colour, but this is perhaps a bit of overkill, even for me.  I'll tuck it away in the quilting pile, until I figure out where its new home will be. And in the meantime, I'll keep my eye open for some (less turquoise) backing for this. I have a flannel I had planned to use, but I think it's just too much at this point.

Sunday, 8 July 2018

Canadian Backing

This is the plan for backing my 150 Canadian Women quilts.  This is for the large quilt - I just need to add one more column on the left side to bring it up to the required size.  The pattern is "Glorious and Free" by Quilter on Fire. I enlarged the blocks for this version. The other (smaller) quilt gets a regular size, but with 2 extra columns to make up the width I need.

The fabrics are from various years of Northcott's "Oh Canada" fabric line.

Friday, 6 July 2018

June UFO finish

I managed to sqeeze this finish in, just under the wire for June.  I think this is the 3rd quilt I've made using most of these fabrics, and I am happy to finally see the end of them.  6" left of the light fabric I used for binding this quilt, but that's it. It started in 2015 as a sample for a shop demo about 60 degree triangles, and how to combine various sizes. Then it sat.  And sat.  I finally dug up the rest of the leftovers and got the top finished last year.

The adventure started with Metro Lattice, way back in July 2014 .

Then "Triangles" which I posted the other day used up a lot of the leftover small triangles.

And now my gold & green adventure is complete.

I'm linking up with Judy's UFO challenge today.
And for July, Judy drew #11 - my Peace, Love, Quilt mystery.  So I'll see if I have backing for that and try to actually get the scheduled UFO done this month.

Wednesday, 4 July 2018


This was a March finish that I never got around to posting. It will be heading off to Victoria's Quilts when we start up again in the fall.  All 60 degree triangles, using scraps from my stash.  I've been trying to use up some of this gold fabric for ages.

Monday, 2 July 2018

150 Canadian Women

I finished both of my 150 Canadaian Women quilt tops.  70 blocks in one, and 80 in the other. It's weird how one extra row makes the quilt look so much bigger in the photo below.

I have plans for the backings - both will be pieced so there is some work to do there before I'm ready to quilt these.  I guess I missed Canada's 151st birthday. Maybe they'll be done before 152 rolls around.