Sunday, 25 August 2019


I wanted to make a couple of pillows to match my Bonnie Hunter "Christmas on Ringo Lake". I took a couple of leftover blocks, added some borders, and then made them into pillows. The back of the pillows matches the back of the quilt. I have an invisible zipper on the back of each, so they can be switched out for different seasons (and washed).

It's interesting, seeing them beside the quilt here, even though they are the exact same block from the quilt, without the sashing and with the borders I used, they look quite different.

Can't wait to use them for the Christmas season this year!

Wednesday, 14 August 2019

Murder Mystery

I am participating in a murder mystery this year at, and have been trying desperately to keep up with the clues each month. This was July's clue, which I finished in plenty of time.

I laid it out with all of it friends from the first half of the year, and I still have no idea where this mystery is headed.  I also need to catch up on my reading, which I hope to do this month.

Sunday, 11 August 2019

Celtic Links Revisited

I created this pattern last year, and showed my first stab at it here Since I wanted to publish the pattern, I needed to write it out and then test the instructions, so this is the official "made from the pattern" version of the quilt.

This time, I pulled some different colours from my stash and paired it with a basic white Kona background. I fixed a minor error in the border blocks so that they now weave correctly.

The quilting is a modern design that I hadn't used before. I think it worked really well with this quilt, and I'll keep this around not only as a pattern sample, but to showcase the pantograph in my longarm studio.

Thursday, 8 August 2019

Swoon Quilt

This is a friend to the little quilt I showed the other day.  I had collected all of the fabrics when I made the class piece, to make a queen sized quilt using several different colour combinations for the stars.  Instead, I decided to put a few of the fabrics back into my stash and made a small version instead.

This will go to Victoria's Quilts Canada to keep a cancer patient warm.

Monday, 5 August 2019

Finishing up a UFO

This little project has been sitting around for years. It was the sample block for a quilt I taught back in 2013 or so. I thought it was time to finally get it up and out - and took an opportunity to practice some free motion quilting at the same time.

I was pretty happy with how it came out, playing with some patterns from Angela Walters's border challenge.

Friday, 2 August 2019

One Block Wonder Take 2

With the leftover blocks from the one block wonder I showed the other day, I decided to make another quilt. Noting goes to waste :)

It was missing several blocks to make it the right size for a donation, so I made up some cubes to fill it out.I had originally planned cubes for the first version, but had trouble finding fabrics I liked. In between projects, I stumbled across the perfect ombre fabric to make the light orange cubes.

A few leftover bits added into the border, and it is complete.

For being the rejects from the first quilt, these blocks played together very nicely.