I'm having a very productive retreat, finishing up projects this weekend. This star quilt is part of a paper pieced block of the month from a few years ago. Finally got the borders finished this weekend and it's ready for quilting
Sunday, 30 October 2016
Saturday, 29 October 2016
My current retreat is off to a productive start. I finished 2 quilts that I brought. This is one of them - a shop hop from a couple of years ago. I finally finished (most of) the blocks and came up with a layout I liked for the ones I had. Assembled the quilt and added borders at retreat, and one project is off the list.
Wednesday, 19 October 2016
These are my blocks from one of the guild mysteries. The dark is my background, and the light is my accent colour - so I keep having to remind myself to switch the dark and light in the instructions. Hopefully I don't forget that little tidbit before next month's clue comes out.
Thursday, 6 October 2016
Look what I finished today! Well, not quite finished, because it still needs 2 borders. But the piecing is done, the sections are together, and the quilt barely fits on my design wall :)
Everything went together really well, but this quilt certainly is good practice for sewing accuracy. I probably should have checked a few of the blocks before assembly, but everything seemed to work out in the end.
Monday, 3 October 2016
I quilted it with a freehand loop design. I wanted something quick and fun after a couple of weeks of steady customer work. I really like the way this quilt came out, but I think it's one of those "I did it once, not doing *that* again" projects.
here), which is going to release clues twice a month. I figure that should be an achievable goal. 32 4-patches completed for step 1.