Monday 7 May 2012

Happy Dance!!


It arrived!  My order from the UK, with fabric I hoped would match my son's quilt arrived today. And it is PERFECT!  The colour is horrible in these shots - and hence why I had such trouble figuring out the right colourway for this fabric.

Here is it, fresh out of the package.  And it came with a lovely little note.  Yes indeed, this quilt will be well-traveled :)  I want to give a shout-out to Sew and Sos fabric store in the UK.  Wonderful prompt service (even if Canada Post did have me biting my nails for a week). And very reasonable shipping charges - it only cost 1/3 of what other quilting stores in the UK wanted to ship the same product.

Thank you, google search, on-line shopping and Sew and Sos, for saving my son's quilt!

And here it is beside the 3/4 yard I found in town on the weekend, and with the edge of the quilt it's going with.  In person, the 3/4 yard seems a bit darker than the other - but that might be because it's been washed.  In any case, I will use the one cut of fabric for the borders, and save the 3/4 yard for another project.  Or possibly binding.  I haven't considered that part yet.

Why the heck don't fabric manufacturers put the actual colour code in the selvage, rather than just the name of the line?

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you found a match. I second the motion that the color code be put on the selvage, and not just on the cardboard bolt end. I just found out that the Freckles that I need to match only includes the pattern number on the selvage. I need to match a certain yellow, and there are probably 10 choices for yellow, so I'll need to find it in a brick and mortar store instead of trying on-line.

    I've been reading your blog for quite some time--always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete