Sunday 20 May 2012

Stash Report - May 20

This week was very productive in my sewing room, and very positive for my stash busting efforts.  I finished the tops for both my blue and red Starburst quilts.  This used 11 yards of fabric in total, and allowed me to complete the pattern which is now available for sale on my patterns page.

Strangely, both these quilts and my May UFO have diamond borders.  I am pretty much ready to be done with those, but I am only halfway through my son's quilt.  So there are a few more diamonds in my future this week.  My goal is to get the border on my son's quilt during this weekend (since Monday is a holiday, I get an extra day and this goal is almost realistic).


While I was sewing today, I looked down and saw a cute white paw sticking out under my cutting table.  I looked down and found this cute little bundle camped out on my fabric.  I guess I'll be washing that bolt before I use it.  And I suppose it is also evident that I need to clean up in my sewing room.  Making 2 quilts last week, with 3 other projects in various stages of construction has left my sewing room looking a bit like a tornado came through.

Used this week: 11 yards
New this week: 0 yards

Totals this year:
70 1/4 yards out, 92 1/4 yards in
Net for 2012: 22 yards in

Drop by Judy's blog to see how everyone else's stash busting is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment