Saturday 15 September 2012

Quiltathon day 3

Not much sewing got done today.  I went out this morning to catch a sale at a quilt shop across town.  I don't go there very often, but 55% off was too good to resist.  And then of course there was the trip out past the other end of town, to try to get bobbins for my long arm (unsuccessful).  And I can't pass my favourite quilt shop without stopping in to say hi.  That's a lot of shopping, for someone who really isn't a shopper.  The result of that shopping trip was, let's just say, major stash enhancement.

By the time I got home at 2, all I wanted to do was put my feet up, so I did.  I did manage to sew about 60" of binding on my lone star while I watched a movie.  And then I felt guilty so I headed into my sewing room, finally.  I cleaned up from the binding activities of the last couple days, found my cutting table, and pulled out the fabric for my next quilt.  There's always a sense of trepidation as I make that first cut.  Do I have enough fabric? Will I like the end result? Is the pattern correct?


I cut, and cut, and cut some more, and now I have this.  And a pattern that is NOT correct.  Sigh.  A bit of wasted fabric, but hopefully not a critical amount for the whole quilt.  Now I guess it's time to thread up the machine for piecing and get to it.  Tomorrow.  Right now it's time to go and get some groceries (which I avoided after my morning shopping excursion) and make dinner.

Drop by Judy's to see what everyone else had accomplished today.

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a power shopping day worth time and $$$. Great investment. Beautiful fabrics you picked up. I look forward to seeing what you create with them.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete