Monday 3 February 2014

Design Wall Monday - Feb 3

My design wall today is a bit of a mash-up.  First, we have the blocky quilt I've been pondering for a week or so. Still looking for true inspiration here - I found a picture of the original inspiration quilt, and realized what I've done wrong.  So I'm going to move ahead in my own direction and stop trying to make it fit a mold.  I picked up a gold fabric in the same line as the other colours, so I hope that will add a bit of pop and help me find my way.

Then we have 3 blocks from the Border Creek Station mystery. Dessert, as she calls it.  There are a few (5 or 13, depending on your quilt size) scrappy 6" blocks scattered in the setting.  I don't know where they go, and I might regret my colour choices in the end, but I can always make more of these later, since I only need 5 of them.

The fabric on the left is a challenge from my LQS.  Make 12 1/2" block, to be entered into a contest.  I LOVE the colours, so I hope I can do something beautiful with them. These will stay on the wall for a couple of weeks looking for inspiration. The block is due March 10, so I have a bit of time.


Drop by Judy's blog for more design walls.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting colors quilt! It will be great to see where this one goes!

    ReplyDelete