Wednesday 6 August 2014

Work In Progress

Rather than starting a new project (but oh, how I want to start one) I decided that I should catch up on some of my block of the month projects.  First up - Border Creek Station mystery. This one is actually over - I picked up the last clue a month ago, and I'm 3 months behind. But since I have the finalclues, I know this will be a good stash buster when I can claim the top complete.

So, Clue #6 last night

And I also have a finish for this week.  My blue quilt - tentatively named "Tree of Life", because that's the fabric line I used (from Timeless Treasures) is now complete and delivered to the store.  It's going to be available as a kit, and the pattern will be on that site too.

I pieced the backing from leftover fabric and 3 different turquoise fabrics I had in my stash.  It was *really* hard to use those - my absolute favourite colour and I put it on the back of a quilt. But I am determined not to buy more fabric, and this was the perfect colour for this quilt.

I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network today. Drop by to see what everyone is up to.

2 comments:

  1. The back is gorgeous! There will be plenty more turquoise available when you are ready to buy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I <3 that Tree of life fabric... and yes, I can see why it would be hard to cut into such lovely fabric, but the backing is perfect and now it will get a lot more use since someone will see it every time they cuddle with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete