Sunday 20 March 2016

It's Spring!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Worldwide Quilting Day yesterday!  I spent the day with my fabric - the perfect plan for quilting day :)

And today is the first day of spring!  I feel like I should have something bright and cheery to show you, to mark the date.  But alas, I don't.  The quilt I've been working on is in fact a bit dull in colour for a bright spring day.

Here's a little sneak peek at my quilt for the Ottawa Modern Guild crayon challenge. My colour was "mauvelous", and I found the perfect match in a fabric in my stash.  Added some grey for the background, and my vision is starting to come together now.

Aside from that, I've been working on another crayon challenge, for the Kanata Quilt Guild which I should have up on my design wall tomorrow.  And quilting up a storm.  Giraffe has a plan now, and Flowers in my Windows is quilted but not quite bound yet.  Hopefully those will both be done in the next couple of days.



Nothing in or out for my stash report today.

2016 totals:
69.75 yards in
88.75 yards out
Total: 19 yards out
Head over to Patchworks Times today for more stash reports.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way that one is coming along. Hopefully Spring has sprung where you live. Here we had a winter type day yesterday. Have a great first day of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks like the saucer magnolias that were blooming this weekend. The quilt is going to be beautiful, and I can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete