A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Stash Report - March 27
Allietare is about 1/2 quilted, so I should be able to finish it today. The backing for that one used 7 yards of fabric from my stash. Here's a sneak peak at the backing fabric on the take-up roller of my long arm. It has the black & brown, plus a little bit of blueish-grey. Not perfect, but it was in my stash and there was enough of it, which was good enough for me. It makes this quilt 100% stash fabric!
I also finished binding Flowers in my Windows, which used 3/4 yards of fabric. Amazingly, I had actually cut the binding and set it aside with the quilt when I finished it last year, so there was no tearing around trying to find something that worked. I wish I could force myself to do that more often :)
The whites and reds in this quilt are all scrappy, and the black is a peppered cotton. Beautiful soft fabric, but it frays like crazy.
And a peak at the backing fabric which caused me grief. Who would have thought those little lines would show through. Double batting did solve the problem, however.
That's another finish off my Q1 Finish-Along list, so I'll be linking up with the 2016 Finish Along when the time comes. My Q1 plans can be found here.
Totals this week:
7 3/4 yards out, nothing in.
69 3/4 yards in
96 1/2 yards out
Total: 26 3/4 yards out
Head over to Patchworks Times today for more stash reports.