Monday 1 August 2011

Design Wall Monday - Aug 1

There has been a tiny bit of progress on my design wall this week.  The dragon is gone, because I finished him earlier this week.  And I managed to put together 4 more squares for the blue quilt.  I guess it didn't get finished in July.  Maybe August.  The block lotto blocks will be heading out soon, and will probably be replaced by the August blocks, because they look fun to make.

I like the way the blue quilt is coming together, but it is very detailed and full of points to match.  I'm sure that's why it is taking me so long.  I think an alternate project, to give me some breaks from the blue one, while still staying focused on quilting, may be what I need.  I can't wait to see what Judy pulls out for the monochromatic challenge this month.

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have on their design walls today.

4 comments:

  1. I love the blue and white work you're doing--SO inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is too beautiful. I love the flow of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the block lotto blocks, so fun. I would need a break from matching points too, but those stars are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue quilt is wonderful, so much movement both in the piecing and in the value. I will be watching to see how it/you keep going.

    ReplyDelete