A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Stash Report - Nov 29
I did pick up some fabric this weekend. 2 yards, to fill out some colours/fabrics for my block in a group project. Now I just have to figure out how to make a steam engine quilt block. I have a design, but creating it with improve piecing (one of the rules) is going to be a challenge.
I get to count some fabric out, too. This top was made at my retreat a couple of weeks ago. It was a block I saw online - wrote my own instructions, because I didn't like the way the original was put together (too many fiddly little pieces). I used pretty much every single scrap of fabric I had, and had just enough to make 24 blocks. I'm still debating whether this needs borders, but I'm leaning towards not. This is 4.5 yards out.
Backing for this quilt is another 3 yards out.
It's been a while since I wrote a stash report, but here are my totals as of today
7.5 yards out
2 yards in
Stash totals for the year:
101 3/4 yards in
217 1/4 yards out
Total: 115 1/2 yards out