Sunday 11 March 2018

Josh's Star

I was asked to do a short (10-minute) demo of a Jenny Doan pattern at quilt guild a few weeks ago.  So I went online and to hunt something up. I wanted something unique, that not everyone would have already seen, and I found this tutorial for "Josh's Star". It seems interesting, and easy to demo in a short period of time. so I decided to do that.

I had a layer cake that I won at a retreat which needed a project, and this seemed like the perfect choice.  So I dug out my black & whites, and created a set of samples for each stage of block construction. Then, I made 6 blocks into a small quilt so everyone could see what they looked like put together.

Once the demo was done, I sewed up the rest of the blocks at a retreat, and I have a quilt top ready for quilting.  It's the perfect size for Victoria's Quilts, so this quilt will birghten someone's day once I get it quilted.

1 comment:

  1. That Looks Beautiful!! i Love seeing this pattern popping up more and more now!!

    ReplyDelete