Saturday 26 May 2018

PEI Modern Guild Mystery

It's done!  The deadline is May 31 to enter the draw for the PEI guild mystery quilt along, and I managed to get the whole thing finished, quilted and bound in time!  I made two quilts, but this is the one that got finished. It's an almost-tradiational layout (the other will be more modern).  I needed to stretch the quilt to make it 70x50", so I moved the corner stars in from the sides and out from the top and bottom to accomplish this.

It took a few extra pieces to fill them out. And one re-working, after I rotated a piece in one of those blocks. Someone nicely pointed the error out to me, and then I promptly forgot about it until the quilt was half-done.  Fixing a block at that point was challenging, but had to be done.

I played around with custom quilting on this one. I had hoped to play with various relief designs, but my batting wasn't thick enough to give the look I hoped for, so I just went with a more overall fill instead.

The colour on these last photos is pretty bad - it seems to be trade-off I get when I turn off the flash to help accentuate the stitching lines.

Since I'm done in time, I'm linking up with the rest of the party at the PEI Modern Guild blog.




1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel your pain about the turned block. It looks fantastic!!! I love the quilting !!

    ReplyDelete