Saturday 29 December 2018

Storybook Rainbow

I picked up a Judy Neimeyer quilt pattern a few years ago. I've never done one, although I have done a lot of paper pieicing. I wanted to try out one of hers, and I found Storybook Pastures at the local quilt shop.  I didn't like her colour choices, but thought if I used brights, it could be a very interesting quilt.

I took it home, and debated colours for ages. But finally a few months ago I pulled it out at a retreat to work on. It took several retreats to get it finished, but here it finally is.  I had it hanging over a chair in my TV room before Christmas, and my non-quilting mother, who is visiting for the month, picked it up and pulled all the remaining papers out for me!

Just need to figure out a quilting plan for this one. It will definitely be custom quilted, so it might be a while before it gets done.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I have one of her patterns that I want to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of her patterns I haven't seen. Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete