Wednesday 31 July 2019

One Block Wonder

My one block wonder obsession continues.  My design wall was busy when I started this one, so I laid it out on the floor.

This was the original panel. I had about 3/4 of a panel leftover, so I placed the blocks around it. <

Up on the wall, with all of the hexagons around it, the panel seemed to get lost. And the more hexagons I added, the less I liked the end result.

So back to basics. I pulled off all of the hexagons and started over. I used about 1/2 of them, before the design started to lose the look I was going for.

A little border creativity, and I have a quilt I really like. My math got away from me at one point, as I was working without a design wall, so the quilt is about 6.wider than I had planned. But overall, I'm very happy with it.

1 comment:

  1. OBWs definitely can take over one's life. You finished project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete