Wednesday 13 February 2013

Checking in

Almost half way into February, so I thought I would check in with my progress this month on my goals.  Here were the plans I made 10 days ago:
  1. Finish 2 blocks of Gardener's Alphabet.  Towards this end, I will pick up my stitching whenever I'm watching TV. Since I have no knitting projects under way, and just finished my book, I should be able to stick to that goal.
  2. Add border to "Dancing with the Stars" quilt
  3. Quilt pink star.
  4. Finish a quiltie before guild night. 
After a couple of productive weekends, I can report that I have 2 quiltie tops made, for guild night.  Hopefully I can get them finished.  The good news is, I still have 7 days until guild.  Maybe I'll get them loaded this weekend.  The backing is selected and pressed, so I'm ready to go.


Pink star is quilted and off the long arm.  It just needs binding which I should be able to do this evening.   I decided to tackle feathers on this one.  When I first got the long arm in July, I tried a few sample feathers, and they were pretty pitiful. 
But it's been a few months, and I'm feeling much more confident about my skills.  The machine actually seems to go where I want it to, and I've been able to do some pantographs and ruler work with success.

So I decided it was time to take the plunge.  Fingers crossed, because I really like this quilt. And here it is - I'm really happy with how the feathers worked out for a first attempt.

Gardener's Alphabet is finally making progress.   Finished two blocks this week.  There's actually hope that I'll get both blocks for this month completed, in addition to the one I had half-done.

The only project I've been ignoring is poor Dancing with the Stars. After doing the borders on my Bear Paw, I need a break before I tackle more borders.  But it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to get those finished up before the end of the month.

I'm linking up for Work in Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network.

Adding my link to the Lovely Year of Finishes mid-month check-in.

4 comments:

  1. The star is beautiful...do you mind me asking what kind of longarm you have??? A friend is thinking about getting one. Love your quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have been busy! Your feathers are very nice, as is all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me more about the Gardener's Alphabet? I am very interested in them.

    ReplyDelete