The fabric for this quilt was bought in Texas, 18 months ago when I was on a retreat. Actually, I bought the green, pink, and a different brown at that time. The brown was used for a different project before this one had a plan, so when I decided to make this pattern I added in a new brown bought locally.
I bought a Rapid Fire Hunter's Star ruler in February this year - pretty much one year to the day from the fabric purchase. The quilt top went together quickly, although borders slowed me down a bit. I did a lot of recalculating to make sure I had enough of the various fabrics to finish the borders. The top was finished in March, and in April it made my UFO parade. Since then, it's been hanging out in the "to be quilted" pile, with backing ready to go I might add. I finally loaded it on the long arm a couple of weeks ago. The open spaces are quilted with feather wreaths. there are feathers in the outer border, and all the stars and bars are outline quilted.
An August finish! Maybe I can back on track with the linky parties over at Such a Sew and Sew, and do at least one quilt a month for the rest of the year. For now, I'm linking this one up for August.