Sunday 4 August 2013

Stash Report - Aug 4

Retail therapy - great for the state of mind, not so good for the pocketbook.  But I was in need of some therapy (and an excuse to stay away from my house) on Saturday, so I headed to the most natural place - my local quilt shop.  They were most helpful as always, and I left feeling much better - albeit lighter in the wallet.

Makings for 3 quilts followed me home.  At least one of these will become a BBQ (that's "Big Block Quilt") - probably the purple/green combination. The others have no plan yet, but I'm confident something will come to me when the time is right.

Once again celebrating the fact that I stopped counting stash in :), here is my report for this week:

Labyrith quilt top completed - 2 1/4 yards
Backing for labyrinth - 2 1/2 yards

usage this week: 4 3/4 yards
Total stash usage this year: 163 yards out

Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

3 comments:

  1. I read where you said at least one would be a BBQ, and couldn't figure out how you would make a quilt into a BBQ, until it dawned on me...... Big Block Quilt. LOL! In my defense..... I just woke up. It gave me a good chuckle to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you clarified what a BBQ was, Cathy...I didn't know...lol. I like how you count the out-going fabric only. I may do my stash busting reports like that next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way too tempted to try your approach at looking at only out. You've done really well this year on the out going.

    ReplyDelete