Friday 23 August 2013

On the needles

Since I'm joining Judy's Dreambird knit along, I now have something to post for "On the needles" Friday.  It doesn't look like much, but here is the first part of the first feather for my dreambird.  I've been feeling under the weather the past couple of days, and not interested in quilting.  This knitting project is just the thing to keep me occupied.

I've already knit 2 feathers and ripped them both out.  One, I didn't like the colour. This yarn seems to be a much better choice.  The second, I didn't like the tension, so I ripped it out and grabbed a set of smaller needles.

Now, I'm afraid the shawl will be too small, so I spent some time recalculating and rewriting the pattern for a larger size.  Hopefully I got it right, and the ratios will still work out.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you are very brave!!! I would never attempt such a thing as rewriting that pattern. I think your colors are going to be very stunning. The silvery yarn should shine nicely in the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yarn colours. They are even prettier knitted up than they were in the balls. And I'm with Teresa.... I wouldn't attempt re-wrtting a pattern, either, altho I'm not averse to combining them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors you chose for Dreambird. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete