A glimpse into my quilting journey - projects, tips, techniques, and more.
Saturday, 17 March 2018
It's not exactly Christmas anymore, but I finsihed a Christmas wreath that has been sitting in my binding box for years. When I first made it, I included a white border, but I was never happy with teh end result.
And then I quilted it in red thread, and was even less happy with it. I got the binding half done, and gave up on the whole project. Into the box it went.
I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago, and decided it was time to fix it. At first, the plan was to unstitch all the quilting and try again, but after looking at it, I had a better idea. I trimmed off all the white border and turned it into a quiltie - perfect size, 24x24". Added a new binding and voila, a finish!