Wednesday 25 April 2018

PEI Modern Guild mystery

These are two of my "not enough fabric" quilts from my retreat last weekend.  I arrived at retreat all set to assemble these quilts, since the reveal came out on the 1st.  But when I started to put it all together, I discovered I had completely messed up how one of the units was to be assembled, and I had cut my fabric incorrectly. And of course I didn't take any extra with me.

I thought I was stuck, and 2 projects were going back into the bag. But one other quilter had forgotten a part for her sewing machine, so she reached out to an attendee who hadn't arrived yet. And who, it turned out, just happened to be standing in the quilt shop that carries the fabric I needed.  She relayed a request for 2 half-yards of fabric (black and white Kona), and my retreat was saved!

These tops are my versions of the PEI Modern Guild mystery.  Changed up from the reveal, to make 2 tops that can be donated to Victoria's Quilts once they are quilted.  That may take a little while, because I have an urge to do some custom work on them.

Update:
No bonus points for spotting the error in the white one.  It's been pointed out already :) (fortunately before I got around to quilting this).

No comments:

Post a Comment